Diversity and Inclusivity Policy
Dorset Chamber is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion within our membership, Board of Directors and Council of Ambassadors and eliminating unlawful or other kinds of discrimination. We fully support the Equality Act 2010.
The purpose of this policy is to promote inclusion, respect and fairness for all in our membership and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships and single sex marriage), race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or any other status or reason. All members will be treated fairly, equally and with respect.
We ask our members to follow our commitment and to do so in the positive spirit that this is intended. Our commitment is:
- We aspire for our membership to be representative of all sections of the business community.
- To maintain an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our members are recognised and valued.
- All members are asked to respect the rights, dignity and worth of every other member.
- All members are entitled to an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of bias, intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- We will not condone or allow any form of discrimination we witness to go unchallenged.
- All opportunities and membership benefits are available to all members.
- To promote the fact that diversity and inclusion is good management practice and makes sound business sense and is a fundamental principle that businesses and organisations should embrace to reach their full potential.
- We continue to review all our membership practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- Dorset Chamber retains the rights to cancel the membership of any individual, business or organisation who we deem to be demonstrating discriminatory behavior.
- This policy is fully supported by the Dorset Chamber Board of Directors.
- This policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
Dorset Chamber Chief Executive
26th August 2021
Dorset Chamber President