Job Placement Scheme
We are supporting the Department for Work & Pensions and the government to help small businesses get involved in the KickStart Scheme.
The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements for young people aged 16-24, who are claiming Universal Credit. Dorset Chamber is working alongside the British Chambers of Commerce and is an intermediary in helping businesses access the scheme.
Businesses who want to create fewer than 30 placements can do so via Dorset Chamber. There is no charge and you do not have to be a Dorset Chamber member.
The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs.
They must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies
- cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
The roles you are applying for must be:
- a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
- should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement
Employers must be able to develop the applicants skills and experience, including:
- support to look for long-term work, including career advice and setting goals
- support with CV and interview preparations
- supporting the participant with basic skills, such as attendance, timekeeping and teamwork
Once a job placement is created, it can be taken up by a second person once the first successful applicant has completed their 6-month term.
If you are interested in accessing the Kickstart Scheme, please provide us with information on your business/organisation and the placements you would like to offer by clicking here
If you would like to hear more about other Dorset Chamber initiatives, please click here