Home > Company News > Canford Park to bring significant economic investment and job opportunities in Poole
Canford Park to bring significant economic investment and job opportunities in Poole
Posted on: 16/11/2020
Poole based W H White is bringing forward a significant investment for a sustainable residential led development at Canford Park, located north of Bearwood, Poole.
The proposals will provide a significant economic stimulus of regional importance and can be a key element of the area’s economic strategy to recover from the Covid-19 pandemic.
The planning application will provide a range of economic benefits, including:
- A total of 695 new homes, with a focus on family houses, rather than flats.
- A new community hub providing shops, everyday services, business start-up units, and community facilities
- The creation of a wide range of jobs, including those through construction and permanent jobs created within the local centre.
- Increased expenditure in the local area resulting from new residents spending in the local retail, hospitality and services sectors, especially at the outset whilst residents are furnishing their new homes.
- £5m towards local infrastructure through Community Infrastructure Levy payments, which many town centre developments have avoided.
- Circa £8.5m of Section 106 contributions towards school places and doctor’s services.
- As well as the £13.5m expected from CIL and S106 contributions, a significant financial uplift will be due for BCP Council resulting from Council Tax and New Home Bonus payments.
- 40% affordable homes, rarely achieved on town centre sites in Poole, or Dorset as a whole, and meaning circa 278 new affordable homes for local people.
- A 60-bed care home within the central community hub, ensuring Canford Park is a healthy and vibrant intergenerational community
- The phased delivery of a 44-hectare beautiful Country Park, with 5,000 new trees planted to date, and public access to the River Stour.
A planning application was submitted in March 2019 which reflects, as fully as possible, the allocation for the development of the site in the adopted Poole Local Plan.
W H White is delighted to confirm that Taylor Wimpey, one of the UKs most respected housing developers, will be developing the site, subject to planning permission. Taylor Wimpey is keen to move forward with the development of this important site at the earliest opportunity.
Did you know you can submit your
news free of charge to the Dorset Chamber?
Submit your news