On Thursday the 19th of October Bournemouth and Poole College opens its doors for a landmark event. The Creative and Digital Careers Day brings the pillars of educational stakeholder engagement together; Employers and Industry, Education, Community and Civic and Cultural. The creative and digital business activity in Dorset has seen active companies tripling over the past decade, reaching close to 9,200 in 2022 and turning over £1.7 billion, contributing £972 million to the local economy (Dorset Chamber)
At the heart of this day are local Creative and Digital employers and industry and how, working in partnership with education, we nurture, empower and retain our talent pipeline. The day will have 4 broad themes and facilitate opportunities for stakeholders to engage with our talent pipeline, champion the Creative Economy and inspire.
- Progression: Further Education and Higher Education work together to share Creative and Digital educational and career opportunities and pathways.
- Creative Economy Careers: Stakeholders work with our talent pipeline, inspiring them, championing the local creative economy and opening eyes to the opportunities open to them in Dorset. Talent spotting is compulsory.
- Civic, Community and Culture: Partners share the importance and vitality of local culture, entrepreneurship and living life in all its fullness. Championing the value of the local creative economy and sharing knowledge, experiences and wonderful stories along the way.
- Curriculum Influence: Throughout the day all stakeholders will have to opportunity to influence and directly input into the Further and Higher Education curriculum. Ensuring that our workforce has the skills and work readiness to meet the needs of Dorset’s growing economy.
This day also provides partners with opportunities to meet provider access legislation (The Baker Clause)
Bournemouth and Poole College are opening up this day to all of our stakeholders. If one or more of the following apply to you then your need to get involved.
1) You represent or work in the Creative and Digital Economy and are looking to influence the curriculum, inspire the creative pipeline and talent spot your future workforce.
2) You work in Education and are striving to meet the expectations of provider access legislation (The Baker Clause).
3) You are a freelancer or micro business in the Creative and Digital Industries building up your clients, partnerships and collaborators.
The Creative and Digital Careers Day is held at our Poole Campus, North Road Poole, BH140LS on Thursday the 19th of October from 9.00-4.00. If you are a Creative and Digital champion and would like to get involved contact Stuart Palmer: Director of Creative and Digital. Industries firstname.lastname@example.org