Could you improve your business?
Posted on: 28/06/2021
Management Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, available through Bournemouth University Business School, can transform your business performance, productivity, resilience, agility and growth.
Management Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (mKTP) are being used by a wide range of businesses, in all sectors of the economy, across Dorset, and throughout the UK. The programme typically lasts for two years and involves a dynamic 3-way partnership between a company, a team of academic experts and a skilled graduate, resulting in significant improvements across your business.
The mKTP programme was introduced in 2019, and provides a potential for small and medium-sized companies to work with Bournemouth University Business School, employing a talented graduate to work in the company to help expand their management capability and to meet strategic goals.
Companies are partnered with the Business School, with a specific focus on the introduction of transformational change and improvements in management strategy and process, leading to increased productivity and business growth. The programme also helps with the recruitment of a talented and skilled individual who, in many cases, will go on to work with the company in a senior role at the conclusion of the funded programme.
The mKTP programme receives UK government funding of up to 67% of the overall project cost, with the remaining 33% being paid by the company itself.
Maximising growth potential
Funded by the Government, Innovate UK has approximately £14m in additional Knowledge Transfer Partnership funding to drive management practice focused projects with small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
By partnering with Bournemouth University Business School, you will work with them, along with an mKTP associate (a talented graduate), to realise your business’s growth potential. This funding is specifically for businesses with a need to shift or develop a management strategy to grow their business.
The Business School has recently been awarded Small Business Charter status – a national accreditation which recognises business schools that demonstrate excellence in supporting small businesses, student enterprise, and the local economy. The Business School is now looking for ambitious SMEs who are keen to make significant productivity changes across their business by embedding applied research to upskill employees and to make step-change productivity improvements.
Here are some examples:
- Alternative business models/business agility
- Identifying new opportunities and revenue streams
- Entrepreneurial thinking, developing new products & services
- Organisational/behavioural/cultural change management
- Succession/continuity planning
- Coaching and mentoring
- Improving efficiency, business processes and productivity
- Executive leadership, strategic thinking and decision making
- Developing business strategies in the aftermath of Covid.
Where do we go from here?
Bournemouth University will be contacting Dorset Chamber members by letter and telephone to share further details about the programme (If you would prefer to opt-out of the calls please contact the university via the email address below).
In the meantime, if you are interested in finding out more, please visit the mKTP website at www.ktp-uk.org/mktp | www.bournemouth.ac.uk
Did you know, Dorset Chamber Members can
submit news free of charge?
Submit your news