The prestigious Dorset Business Awards, organised by Dorset Chamber, are now open for entry.
This year’s categories feature new additions, plus the return of well-established favourites, and 2019 celebrates 25 years of local businesses receiving recognition from the county’s Awards, supported by Wave 105 and the Daily Echo.
Businesses entering this year’s Awards have the opportunity to showcase themselves and gain recognition for their successes and achievements. Companies of all sizes are encouraged to enter, along with budding entrepreneurs, passionate employees and enthusiastic apprentices.
Those entering the free awards do not need to be a member of the Dorset Chamber.
The 2019 categories, now open for entry, are as follows:
1. TeamJobs Team of the Year – rewarding the professionalism and hard-working teams in the county.
2. Excellence in Exporting Award, sponsored by HSBC and PSP Worldwide Logistics – recognising a business which has achieved sustainable levels of international growth through exporting.
3. Apprentice of the Year, sponsored by Superior – honouring the apprentices across a variety of sectors for the value they add to businesses and futureproofing workforces.
4. Business Leader of the Year, sponsored by Dorset LEP – for an individual making a significant contribution to the wider business community and the local economy.
5. Enhanced Business Growth Award, sponsored by Enhanced – celebrating businesses that have grown in a sustainable way, and can demonstrate plans to continue.
6. PKF Francis Clark Family Business Award – recognising the success and significant role family businesses play in our local economy.
7. Lester Aldridge Company of the Year – acknowledging all-round business excellence.
8. BV Dairy Investing in Dorset Award – looking for Dorset businesses that proactively support other businesses in the county for the benefit of the local economy.
9. Dorset Environmental Business Award, sponsored by Dorset Wildlife Trust & Kingston Maurward – recognising a business with outstanding commitment to manage its environmental impact.
10. Excellence in Engineering & Manufacturing Award, sponsored by REID Steel and Atlas Elektronik – for businesses that excel within the STEM sector and contribute to the local economy.
11. Creative Impact Award, sponsored by Liz Lean PR and Digital Storm – recognising the talent and contribution of the creative sector in Dorset.
12. Employee Health & Wellbeing Award, sponsored by Ouch Training Team – honouring an employer leading in their commitment to the health and wellbeing of their workforce.
Stuart Dixon, head of marketing communications at Dorset Chamber, said: “We’re proud to announce that this year’s Dorset Business Awards are now open for entry. These Awards represent Dorset businesses on a national stage and ensures our county is highlighted as a great place to live and to work. It showcases our innovation, leadership and togetherness while inspiring and honouring the people at the heart of our business community.
“We have two new categories this year with the Excellence in Engineering & Manufacturing Award and the Apprentice of the Year Award and are looking forward to receiving a diverse range of entries between now and the end of the summer.”
The Awards are now open and free for everyone to enter. Entrants will need to complete and submit an entry via www.dorsetbusinessawards.co.uk by Friday, August 2. Finalists will be invited to the glittering Gala Dinner on Thursday, November 28 when the winners will be announced.
The entertainment sponsor at this year’s Awards is Custom World, and Brighter Productions return for its fifth year running as production sponsor of the ceremony.
For further information about the Awards or to purchase tickets for the Gala Dinner, please visit the website or contact Dorset Chamber on 01202 714810.
Tickets cost £90+ VAT per person, or £850 + VAT for a table of 10 (Dorset Chamber members), or cost £100 + VAT per person, or £950 + VAT for a table of 10 (non-Dorset Chamber members).