Dorset Council is inviting you as a representative from your organisation to their Healthy Ageing in Neighbourhoods workshop. Within Adult Social Care, there are continuous pressures in the community with the increasing numbers of our over 65’s. Dorset Council want to understand how they can help their residents age well and how we can support Dorset’s communities and businesses to help make this happen.
We would like you to be part of a discovery workshop where we will:
- Define what ‘Ageing well’ means for the people of Dorset and how Dorset Council can best create an environment where people can live well in their local communities for longer
- Scope and understand the nature of the current community demands
- Understand what types of support and service are available to our residents to help them age well
- Understand what challenges there are to supporting people to age well and discuss what might be done to overcome these challenges.
By the end of the session, they aim to have discovered a wealth of information to inform their work over the coming year. Dorset Council hope to identify at least 3 priority areas for improvement that their can work on together with their communities and leaders.
The workshop dates are:
- 20th February 2024 9.30-12.30, Wareham Corn Exchange, Wareham
- 27h February 2024 9.30-12.30, Dorford Centre, Dorchester
If you would like to take part, contact via the email below specifying which date you are able to join and the full name and email of the attendee or attendees.
RSVP by 9th February
Sarah Parsons, Ageing Well Lead, Dorset Council