New date for Dorset Neon Run
Posted on: 05/03/2021
Dorset Neon Run, the 5k night-time fun run operated by Diverse Abilities, has changed date from Saturday 24 April to Saturday 22 May 2021.
The event will still be held at Poole Park and a series of updates have been made to the format in line with the COVID-legislation. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Social distancing measures throughout the event area,
- Changing the route’s start and finish point to avoid cross overs,
- Participants will start in batches over the evening to avoid crowding,
- Multiple registration desks will be open,
- Entry packs prepared ahead of time and quarantined, and
- PPE for all staff, volunteers, and marshals working at the event.
These will be reviewed periodically in the run up to the event as the legislation is updated and alongside BCP Council.
Emma Bovey, fundraising manager at Diverse Abilities, commented: “We are pleased to have been able to work alongside the local authority to find a new date not too far from what we had initially planned for one of our key, and favourite, events of the year. This will be our first fundraising event in over a year, and we are determined to ensure safe and responsible fundraising for everyone involved.”
Visit dorsetneonrun.com for more details and to sign up for the event taking place at Poole Park on Saturday 22 May.
Did you know, Dorset Chamber Members can
submit news free of charge?
Submit your news