Home > Company News > Newly Qualified Solicitors Strengthen Coles Miller’s Commercial Team
Newly Qualified Solicitors Strengthen Coles Miller’s Commercial Team
Posted on: 14/09/2021
Two of Coles Miller’s rising stars have qualified as solicitors – strengthening the firm’s commercial team.
Patrick Herklots specialises in commercial law, disputes and litigation. Last year he beat lawyers from all over the country to win the Law Society Junior Lawyers Division (JLD) Essay Competition for his analysis of the role of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in investments.
Kate Samuel specialises in commercial property. She gained a First Class Honours Degree in Law at the Open University. She completed her LPC and Masters legal qualifications through the University of Law at Guildford, graduating with Distinction.
Coles Miller has also welcomed five new trainee solicitors: William Stannard, Becky Hughes, Lauren Newman, Sophia Haine and Kathyrn Battey.
Senior Partner Roger Leedham said: “Congratulations to Patrick and Kate for qualifying as solicitors. We’re so pleased that they will continue their flourishing careers at Coles Miller in our Commercial Law and Commercial Property departments respectively.
“I’m equally excited to welcome to Coles Miller our latest intake of five new trainee solicitors. It demonstrates our commitment to producing our own talented young solicitors for the future.”
Coles Miller solicitors help business clients with a wide range of legal work including:
• shareholder agreements, start-ups
• business sales and acquisitions, management buyouts and buy-ins, joint ventures
• corporate reorganisations
• partnerships, limited liability partnership agreements
• employment law, termination of employment, health and safety, data protection
• disputes, litigation (including breach of contract, director/partnership disputes, shareholder rights, intellectual property, professional negligence, landlord and tenant)
• debt recovery (including rent arrears).
The firm’s commercial property work includes:
• acquisitions and disposals of property portfolios for office, industrial, retail, hotels, leisure and licensed premises
• investment property (including SIPPs and HMOs)
• conditional contracts and option agreements
• property development – site acquisition and disposals (including plot sales and leasehold arrangements)
• sale and leaseback.
Patrick and Kate are both based at Coles Miller’s Poole town centre head office. Coles Miller also has offices in Fleetsbridge, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Wimborne and Broadstone.
For more information, contact Coles Miller Marketing Director Nick Balchin, (01202 673011), email@example.com, www.coles-miller.co.uk
Did you know, Dorset Chamber Members can
submit news free of charge?
Submit your news