Pitman Training opens in Dorset
Posted on: 19/11/2021
Pitman Training have been in operation for over 180 years and Downton Abbey fans will have seen one of the chambermaids studying for a Pitman shorthand course!
Just before summer this year father and son team, Gary and Calum Hales, opened Pitman Training in Bournemouth, covering the Dorset area. They have brought the Pitman experience of helping people develop their careers to the local community.
Offering over 250 courses, Awards and Diplomas they are helping people get back into work, post-Covid, by assisting them in obtaining the qualifications they need to secure their next job or promotion. With a strong focus on helping local businesses improve their performance through the development and upskilling of their staff, Calum says “We are all seeing how difficult it is to attract and retain staff in the current environment, so supporting the upskilling of employees has to be seen as an important employment benefit that companies can offer to their teams, and to prospective new employees as part of their recruitment process”
Calum continues “As well as the more well-known Diplomas that Pitman Training offer such as the Professional Executive PA, we also offer Diplomas that are CiLEX approved for legal secretaries, AAT accredited Diplomas in Accounting and Bookkeeping, Microsoft Office Diploma and Diplomas for Medical Secretary, Medical Receptionist and Medical Administrator.” Calum adds “In addition to offering such a wide range of support, we are also an AAT exam centre and are seeing an increasing number of institutions chose us an exam centre for their studentsd”
Nowhere in the UK offers anything like what Pitman Training provides – because Pitman students receive a unique combination of benefits. There are several reasons why people have consistently chosen Pitman to help them progress their career.
- We are recognized as a leading provider of vocational training by employers across the UK
- We have been helping people develop and change their careers for over 180 years
- Our qualifications, Diplomas and Awards are second to none and are approved and recognized by institutions such as:
- AAT and Sage (accounting)
- CiLEX (legal)
- Students receive CPD (Continuing Professional Development) points on completion of their course
- We offer a range of Diplomas in:
- Business and Management
- Microsoft Office
- Office and Secretarial
- Sage, Accounting and Book-Keeping
- Software and Web Development
- Visual Design
- Our state-of-the art Learning Management System, myPitman, allows you to study whenever and wherever you want
- You can fit your studies around your lifestyle
- We provide an exceptional student experience
- Our Learning Coaches are on hand to provide support to you throughout your training and will help you get back into studying (if you haven’t studied for a while) and be there to guide and encourage you
- We provide additional support in areas such as:
- Career “top tips”
- Career advice
- CV reviews
- Interview advice
- Other Free learning resources
- A city centre location in the centre of Bournemouth is available for you to come in and study
So, whatever you are interested in, our training is designed to help both boost your confidence and enhance your skills.
Contact us on 01202 031712, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to find out how we can help you and your staff.
Did you know, Dorset Chamber Members can
submit news free of charge?
Submit your news