This online course is for people managers that want to make conversations about mental health part of their everyday management.
What will I learn?
Using a blended learning approach of self-led pre-course learning activities, live interactive online group training, and self-led post-course learning consolidation activities you will:
- Gain an understanding of how to spot mental ill-health at work; take an effective approach and have both a supportive and mutually useful conversation about an employee’s mental health.
- Be introduced to key skills you can practise such as: empathy, active listening and asking strengths-based questions that will empower an employee to take charge of their mental wellbeing.
- Be better able to make reasonable adjustments and use Wellness Action Plans to support mental ill-health and recovery.
- Understand the importance of managing time off and knowing how to facilitate a supportive and effective return to work.
- Become familiar with the importance of developing boundaries when supporting employees with mental ill-health, including: what support looks and feels like
Who is the training suitable for?
Our expert training offers managers a comprehensive action plan they can use to assess employee mental health at work. It will help them manage those who may be experiencing poor mental health, safely, with empathy and effectively.
Training provided by:
Dorset Mind Works