Our online ‘Finance for Non-Financial Managers’ course is delivered over 2 half days over 4 sessions and aims to improve commercial knowledge to ensure that hospitality business decisions regarding pricing and costing are made with insight. The coaching from our tutor, Debra Adams ACMA, will increase the commercial awareness of non-financial managers and improve the understanding and interpretation of budgets and monthly reports that all departments deal with on a regular basis.
What will I learn?
Finance for Non-Financial Managers’ is a highly interactive course that is delivered via online presentations and workshops, case studies and discussions. Delegates are also encouraged to discuss their own reports privately with their tutor.
Structured into three main topic areas, the course includes:
Introduction to the P&L account:
- The basic principles
- Explanations of financial terminology
- Business tactics to manage revenue costs
- How to trade & make a profit
- Calculation and interpretation of KPI’s
Introduction to the Balance Sheet:
- Assets, liabilities and equity
- Managing working capital
- Profit, cash and investment
Introduction to Cashflow:
- Planning for cash requirements
- Controlling cash & other assets
- Working capital forecasting
- Sources of funds to manage liquidity
Simple KPI’s to measure performance
Based on the recommendations of the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry.
Who is the training suitable for?
Ideal for aspiring hospitality leaders of the future wishing to get a good overview of the business accounting basics. This course will enable you to:
- Think, talk and act more commercially aware within the workplace
- Understand and interpret financial reports
- Calculate and analyse key financial figures
- Develop action plans based on financial performance
Training provided by: