With increasing costs on the horizon over the next few months, it has never been more critical to manage operating costs, such as the cost of food and beverage as well as payroll and related costs to ensure that the bounce back for your business is profitable and sustainable.
Our online ‘Food and Beverage Cost Control’ course is supported and powered by the award winning software from Kafoodle and is delivered over 2 half days over 4 sessions. The coaching from our tutor, Debra Adams ACMA, will help participants understand pricing methods and the control of gross profit, as well as assisting with the effective execution of daily tasks such as ordering, storage and issuing stock. Since payroll costs tend to be a significant cost for many, the course will also cover wage and salary controls.
Kafoodle is a food technology company that have developed innovative software to help the foodservice industry create and manage recipes and meal plans, calculate nutrition, manage and communicate allergens, monitor stock, control costs and record waste.
What will I learn?
Food and Beverage Cost Control is a highly interactive course that is delivered via online presentations and workshops, case studies, quizzes and discussions.
Divided into six key topic areas, the course will cover:
- Best practice in purchasing and stock control
- Menu planning, standard costing & gross profit management
- Impact of sales mix and menu engineering
- Wage & salary scheduling control
- KPI’s for Food & Beverage control
- Action plans for profit improvement
Who is the training suitable for?
Ideal for Food and Beverage Controllers in all catering outlets including hotels, restaurants, clubs, leisure and public sector. This course will enable you to:
- Understand best practice for ordering & purchasing and calculation of gross profit
- Manage cost of sales with better forecasting, correct pricing and less wastage
- Manage gross profit margin of promotional activity
- Forecast wage & salary cost
- Understand the basics of what figures mean
Training provided by: