Mental Health Awareness uses a blended learning approach of self-led pre-course learning activities, live interactive online group training, and self-led post-course learning consolidation activities. In this course delegates will explore their own mental health and the impact it has on their lives in and out of the workplace. The role of stigma and misconceptions about mental ill health on our willingness to talk openly about mental health will be discussed. The language that we use in our conversations about mental health and that we see in the media. This training encourages delegates to explore what is happening for them, as well as what may be happening in their colleagues work and personal lives.
What will I learn?
• Reflect on your own mental health journey.
• Understand the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental wellbeing.
• Recognise the factors that stop us talking about mental health and understand why we need to have conversations about mental health.
• Appreciate the potential power of talking about mental health.
• Consider how stigma influences how we talk about mental health.
• Explore the language we use to discuss mental health and gain confidence in having effective and compassionate conversations about mental health.
• Be able to spot the signs and symptoms of depression and anxiety.
• Better understand what it feels like to have depression or anxiety.
• Be better able to use Wellness Action Plans to support mental ill-health and recovery.
• Be better able to achieve balance through ‘The Five Ways to Wellbeing’.
Who is the training suitable for?
People managers who want to:
• Become more aware of how mental ill health may be impacting their team members or themselves both in and out of the workplace.
• Explore how stigma and common misconceptions about mental ill health may impact conversations about mental ill health in and out of the workplace.
• Become more confident about talking about mental health with team members.
To book on to this event you will need your Dorset Chamber username
and password. To get your password enter your username (this is your email
address) and submit. A link to reset your password will be sent to your email.
If you are not a Dorset Chamber member and would like to join click here
otherwise please complete the registration process when making a
Please login if you are a Dorset Chamber member to receive your
discounted member rate.