Ideal for aspiring hospitality leaders of the future, this course is held online over a period of 6 weeks using our online learning management tools. The topics are studied in depth with examples, illustrations and discussions to provide participants with a deep understanding of the managerial accounts. Topics included are:
Module 1: Welcome and Induction Activities
Module 2: A detailed review of the Income and Expenditure report in full and by department
Module 3: Balance sheet and Cash Flow Management including Assets, Liabilities and Working Capital
Module 4: Benchmarking and KPI's to monitor revenue, costs and profitability
Module 5: Budgeting and Forecasting to improve revenue and bottom line results
All learning materials are based on the best practice from the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry using examples of realistic data from hotels, catering and leisure.
On completion of this course you will gain:
1. The skills to interpret the reports and language used in hospitality management accounts
2. The know how to interpret business data to make strategic decisions
3. The knowledge to be able to interpret business reports using a range of KPI's and benchmarks
4. The skills to build forecasts to improve revenue and profitability
What will you learn?
What does the course include:
- Study pack for each topic
- Access to the arena4finance online learning space with additional resources
- Specialist online tutor support
- Learners’ discussion forum
- Quizzes and activities to check your learning
- On completion of the course you will receive a certificate of achievement.
Who is the training suitable for?
Training provided by: