Fit for the Future
One person in four with menopause symptoms is concerned about their ability to cope with life. Dorset Chamber is committed to raising awareness within the business community.
Research from the independent Nuffield Health group discovered the following sobering facts.
- Approximately 13 million women in the U.K are either peri- or post menopausal
- Symptoms can last up to 15 years
- Over 60% of women experience symptoms resulting in behaviour changes
- 1 in 4 women will experience severe debilitating symptoms
- Almost half of menopausal women say they feel depressed
- A third of women say they suffer with anxiety
- Women commonly complain of feeling as though they are going mad
- Approximately two thirds of women say there is a general lack of support and understanding
| Related News links: