One person in four with menopause symptoms is concerned about their ability to cope with life. Dorset Chamber is committed to raising awareness within the business community.
Research from the independent Nuffield Health group discovered the following sobering facts.
- Approximately 13 million women in the U.K are either peri- or post menopausal
- Symptoms can last up to 15 years
- Over 60% of women experience symptoms resulting in behaviour changes
- 1 in 4 women will experience severe debilitating symptoms
- Almost half of menopausal women say they feel depressed
- A third of women say they suffer with anxiety
- Women commonly complain of feeling as though they are going mad
- Approximately two thirds of women say there is a general lack of support and understanding
| Related News links:
| BBC South Today interview. ‘Lets Talk About Menopause’ event, July 2021:
“I’ve never heard it discussed in the whole 20 years I’ve worked.” One of the attendees of a talk on #Menopause in the workplace by @DorsetChamber which is following in the footsteps of @ThisisDavina to champion the subject. More @BBCSouthNews 1830, BBC1 #MakeMenopauseMatter pic.twitter.com/h56iYAiYhh
— Michele Cross (@BBCMicheleC) July 29, 2021