Join forces with local business leaders and invest in the future of your business with Peer Networks. This is a fully-funded programme delivered by Dorset Chamber in partnership with Dorset LEP.
With both the opportunities and challenges ahead, there’s never been a more important time to prepare your business for the future. Join like-minded businesses benefiting from Peer Networks support and work together to grow your personal skills, your people and your business.
The Peer Networks Programme
- Learn from your peers: Find solutions to the issues your business is facing by working with like-minded business people facing similar challenges.
- All it takes is your time: Peer Networks is a free programme delivered virtually; all it takes is a few hours of your time each month.
- A varied programme covering critical issues: Each meeting is themed around key issues with an expert speaker, led by a skilled professional facilitator. You will also benefit from 1:1 coaching, helping embed your learning in your business.
- A structured programme: Three hour meetings are monthly and all set in advance. Your facilitator will stay with you and your group as you follow a structured programme.
- Non-competitive: Peer Networks brings together business leaders working collaboratively to find solutions to common problems. You will not be placed in a group with any competitors, and confidentially, trust and respect are firmly embedded within the programme.
- Developing your personal network: You’ll form long-lasting and trusted relationships with your colleagues and many networks continue to meet after their structured programme ends.
Topics covered include:
- Strategies for growth
- Leading for the future
- Growing a mentally healthy business
- HR strategies for a changing world
- Developing a killer marketing strategy
- Embedding technology for business growth
You’ll also have the opportunity to join with other networks for sessions on achieving net zero, business resilience and cyber security, digital marketing and international trade.
The Peer Networks programme is for Directors and Senior Managers from businesses of all sizes and turnover and we will aim to group similar size businesses together. You must have:
- At least 5 employees and a maximum of 250
- A minimum turnover of £100,000
- An aspiration to improve business output
- Operated for at least one year
- Must be an SME business registered within BCP or Dorset council areas
What our Peer Networks participants say…
As a director, you know what you’re good at, but you don’t know what you don’t know! The Dorset Chamber Peer Group has provided an expert speaker in many of the tasks required by directors. From Financial Planning to Leadership, Resilience and Marketing, all of these have been valuable and thought provoking and have allowed me to explore in more detail the areas I felt I could benefit the most from.
Tristan Webb Dip CII │ Managing Director, Aspire Insurance Services Ltd
I am blown away with the Peer to Peer Group, we have a diverse set of business and it’s like having a whole bunch of Non-Exec Directors on your Board. This is what business needs more of and I applaud the LEP on spending their funds so wisely.
Chris Kane | BSc (Hons) Build. MCIOB MIod, Director, Greendale Construction Ltd.
I have had the privilege of being involved in this group for the past few weeks. I have looked forward to them with increasing appreciation; it is rare to any opportunity share, listen and provide mutual support with a group of peers. It has encouraged, provoked, challenged and inspired me. I would highly recommend engaging in the Peer Network, they are the highlight of my week.
Gareth Sherwood | Principal CEO at YMCA Bournemouth
Working with other business leaders to share ideas and knowledge is hugely beneficial. It is so useful to speak to other people and the shared experiences help me to think differently and be more creative. Peer Networks enable the power of collective thinking, lots of great minds in a single space can be extremely productive.
Lesley Keets | Chief Operating Officer, Actisense