Leading Law Firm Appoints New Charities To Support For 2018
Posted on: 03/05/2018
Leading Dorset and Somerset law firm, Humphries Kirk, has appointed new charities across all seven of its offices to support for the new financial year.
Humphries Kirk has six offices in Dorset and one in Somerset and each one has nominated a charity to fundraise for, through monthly Dress Down Days. This year, Humphries Kirk is supporting:
- Bournemouth office – The Honey Pot Charity, which provides respite breaks and ongoing outreach support to young carers and vulnerable children aged between 5-12 years old.
- Parkstone office – Amelia’s Rainbow, a charity that supports children with terminal, life-limiting and serious chronic illnesses.
- Poole office – The Stroke Association and Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow Trust. The Stoke Association delivers stroke services across the UK to campaign for better stroke care; Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow Trust saves the lives of those that need stem cell transplants by finding them matching donors.
- Swanage office – The Link Visiting Scheme and Rotary Swanage. The Link Visiting Scheme is a befriending service aiming to combat loneliness; Rotary Swanage is a service club that undertakes community service activities and fundraises for causes both locally and further afield.
- Wareham office – Lexi May Trust, Steps for Stan, Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance, Alzheimer’s Research UK. Lexi May Trust is a charity that supports children with terminal illness and life-limiting conditions; Steps for Stan is an ongoing campaign to raise funds for a local four year old boy with cerebral palsy, who needs intensive therapy; Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance provides relief from sickness and injury by the provision of an air ambulance; Alzheimer’s Research is a research charity aiming to defeat dementia.
- Dorchester office – Wessex Heartbeat, which supports the Wessex Cardiac Centre to improve cardiac care and achieve the best for people with heart conditions.
- Crewkerne office – Cancer Research, Mind, Parkinson’s UK and Shelter. Cancer Research is a research charity dedicated to cancer research; Mind is a charity that aims to support and empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem; Parkinson’s UK is a research charity aiming to lead the way to finding a cure for Parkinson’s; Shelter is the country’s biggest housing and homelessness charity.
Katharine Jones, senior partner at Humphries Kirk, commented: “The firm is looking forward to another year of continuing its fundraising efforts. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank staff in advance for getting involved with our designated Dress Down Days and being such good sports!”
Last year Humphries Kirk raised a total of £1,557 for its nominated charities.
Humphries Kirk has offices in Bournemouth, Parkstone, Poole, Swanage, Wareham, Dorchester, Crewkerne and has an international network of lawyers. Visit www.hklaw.eu for more information.
Did you know, Dorset Chamber Members can
submit news free of charge?
Submit your news